Re: How often to renew silicone hydraulic fluid

To: cattail@redshift.com, h.duinhoven@planet.nl, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How often to renew silicone hydraulic fluid
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:06:42 EST
In a message dated 12/28/02 10:45:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cattail@redshift.com writes:

> I'm no expert on the subject, but I'd imagine you'd have to flush/renew
> silicone brake fluid less often since, I've read/been told that it doesn't
> absorb water, which contributes to rust/corrosion, like standard brake
> fluid
> does.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Read my other post on this.  Since silicone fluid doesn't absorb water, any
condensation that gets into the system pools in the pipes and causes
corrosion there.  This is much worse in trailer queens that are not driven
much, because the brake fluid isn't being pumped around.

Change ALL brake fluids every two or three years.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)