Metal work - body repair

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Metal work - body repair
From: "Matthew Hale" <haleme@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:24:50 -0500
I don't know what has gotten into me lately, but I have been eyeing a
few light weight ball pen hammers and dollies on ebay.  What I would
like to do is develop some olde world skills to beat and reshape body
panels by hand.  Seems most body shops in my area use machines or simply
replace parts that require any amount of effort.  My first attempt will
be the front valance.  It really needs replacing, but hate scraping any
piece I remove from my car and I figure that if I destroy this panel, it
is cheap enough to replace without losing too much money.  Are there any
websites or books that include proper technique or best practices for
metal shaping using hammers and dollies?

Matthew Hale
67 B
http://projectmgb.phathookups.com/