Re: Deutsch's OK

To: KGROWLER@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Deutsch's OK
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:35:45 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: KGROWLER@aol.com <KGROWLER@aol.com>
To: mgs@autox.team.net <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, January 10, 2003 8:46 PM
Subject: Deutsch's OK

I just got a call from David Deutsch and he asked me to post a follow-up to
his post about Adam. Adam is OK. His car is a little bent up ('looks like
hell' I think David said) but is driveable. Adam found J&L Autoworks in
Mechanicsburg, PA listed in the NAMGBR Service Recommendation List and they
got him set up to continue his move to San Diego.

I'm sure David will followup further tomorrow when he gets back home.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, U.S.A.

Hello All,

Well I thought I had posted a message on Friday morning.

I had a heck of a couple of days. Jeb has already sent a message out to a
Jag list so I'll just copy and paste:

"Jaguar, King of the Road......Service!

By Jeb Boyd, Owner, J&L Autoworks

So.....

I got this call yesterday morning at the shop.

The chairman of the North American MBG Register's son was in a car accident
not terribly far from here and he got his car towed in to see if I could
fix it.

I told we'd take a look at it and if nothing else, he could leave it here
'til he got back with a trailer to collect it.

He got it towed in and his Dad started down from NYC with a fresh radiator
on the off chance that we could get it going again.

Thge boy's car was a '72 MGB and Dad was coming down in his '80 MGB to
rescue him and bring the radiator.

So.....at about 1:30, the Dad calls from the highway and *HIS* MGB is now
dead in the water!!!!!

This was *NOT* their day!

He managed to ascertain that the car was getting no fuel.....off I went
with my outboard motor fuel tank in the Jag to rescue him.

I got there...sure enough, no fuel!

The outboard motor tank that I have has a fuel feed line with a bulb in it
that you squeeze to prime it that I have used in many instances to rescue
cars whose fuel delivery system has failed for whatever reason.

I hooked it up and off we went to my shop.

We got the '80 back and proceeded to straighten the right front fender,
remove the twisted bumper, beat some bent parts back into shape, and
replace the radiator.

Long story short, this car, looking like it was mortally wounded, was road
ready at about six P.M. and then we brought the '80 in to see what was up
with it.

We discovered that the tank vent line was obstructed and had basically
sealed the tank from drawing any fuel.

So I blew the garbage out of the vent line and off they both went.

I got *ANOTHER" call this morning.....here the '80 MGB had inexplicably
died again.

This time we had no spark.....here it had burned through the center
electrode on the distributor cap and I had to go retrieve him again!

He had towed the car here already so I just had to go pick him up and come
to the shop and quick fix it.

Jag to the rescue again!

I told him when he publishes a story in the NAMGBR newsletter, he *HAD* to
mention that he was rescued by a reliable car....a Jaguar!

Anyway....a nicer pair of fellows you couldn't have asked for and they
somehow managed to maintain a sense of humor throughout it all.

British car enthusiasts sure are good people!

Jeb Boyd
Founding Member
Forum Moderator"