Re: As if laziness wasn't enough...addendum

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: As if laziness wasn't enough...addendum
From: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:04:41 -0500
Bill Saidel wrote:
> Unless Kevin, you have one like I did. First son found being up  much more
> interesting than being asleep and was up 4-5 times a nite for his first 22
> months. Took my SO and me that long before we got drunk one evening  so as
> to resist his crying during the night and not go to him. Eventually (took
> only 2 nights), he learned that crying doesn't get you anything (at least
> until he reached 12 years of age).

My rule is to let them cry for 20 minutes, then verify they don't need
changing or feeding. If not, let them cry for another 20, check again.
They quickly sleep through the night.

If you know there is nothing wrong with them, but they insist on crying,
and your wife is getting to the end of her string, then put them in
their carrier, go down into your basement, and turn on the volume on
your packet radio rig :-) You have fun playing on the radio, and the
zzzzzip -- zzzzzzap noise puts the baby to sleep.

What, no Ham license? A scanner tuned to appropriate frequencies might
work, but it's probably the brain damage from the RF, so you may need to
be transmitting.
--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems