Boneheaded move of the year (And it's only January

Subject: Boneheaded move of the year (And it's only January
From: joseph cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:46:39 -0500
After waiting more than three weeks since installing the new fuel pump
(snow), I finally started the MGB yesterday to drive to the train station.
The new pump ticked merrily away and the car ran smooth and strong. All was
well in MG land.

Today, however, was a different story.

After a short side trip to the post office, my car died. I feared the worst.
Bad fuel pump. Weird electrical pump. I checked under the hood: fuel in the
filter, spark from the coil. But still the car wouldn't start. I wasn't
dressed for the job and I didn't have the time to sort it out. So I called
my wife and had to endure her grumblings and a humiliating tow back home.

About three quarters of the way home, I realize that I turned the fuel pump
off as a security precaution. (After not driving it for more than a month, I
must have forgotten my start-up routine.) So I flipped the switch. The fuel
pump started ticking. I turned the ignition and voila -- a living breathing
MGB. And a very humbled MGB owner.

I guess the moral of my story is, with apologies to Shakespeare: Sometimes
the faults lie not in our cars, but in ourselves.

Hope no one else can top this.

Joseph
67 MGB Roadster