Re: Potential Scam Warning

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Potential Scam Warning
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:15:03 -0600
> prospective buyer then told him that he had an associate that he does
business
> with in the United States who owes him $6000.  His plan was to have his
> associate send my boss a money order in the amount of $6000 that he could
> deposit immediately.  Soon after that he would send someone to pick the
car
> up.  At that time, my boss would hand him a check for $2500, and was told
> keep $500 for his troubles.  Instead of $3000, he would now have $3500.
Sound
> good so far?

Has he given his bank account numbers to all the Nigerians who e-mail him as
well?

These people are using forged cashiers checks.  If your bank doesn't detect
it as a forgery, they won't know for several days that the check is no good.

Give it some thought.  If Mr X owes Mr. Y. some money, why doesn't he just
send him his own cashiers check, instead of having you fork over the cash?

Here's a web site describing the scam and the variations:

http://www.geocities.com/scamvictimsunited/