re: driving a target/mgb in Atlanta (was RE: ?High and

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: driving a target/mgb in Atlanta (was RE: ?High and
From: "Rory" <Rory@DannerFamily.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:27:22 -0500
I drive my MGB daily all year in Atlanta.

Over the last 5 years I've had one minor accident per year. All of them were
women backing an SUV's into me.

Last years incident:
I'm in the lineup to pickup my dry cleaning. The lady in front of me gets
her clothes and instead of driving forward out the exit, backs into me. She
looks out her window and ask, "Are you ok?" I tell her I am not hurt and she
drives away. I get home to notice she is my neighbor. I ask her why she
didn't stick around to look at the damage to my car and she says she only
tapped me and it shouldn't have caused any damage... blah blah

All others have been parking lot accidents... someone backs into my side
panel/door/fender/ etc.

Are SUV's more dangerous? In my experience they are. They have less
visibility for shorter cars (me) behind them.

Rory
Cali '79 MGB (One of those 80's sold as a 79 to meet emissions in
Calinfornia)