RE: HIF44 with intake/exhaust manifold

To: "'Paul Root'" <proot@iaces.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: HIF44 with intake/exhaust manifold
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:18:37 -0800
Paul:

That looks like it is a VB supplied HIF44 conversion carb. on an original
manifold.  It would be worth quite a bit.  Heck a good uncracked original
manifold is worth quite a bit.

Performance should be about the same as the ZS.  The big difference is the
manual choke and new condition.  It's not smog legal, but chances are you
could get away with it if you chucked the aftermarket air filter and
modified the stock filter plate.

We used to do this back in the dark ages using Austin Marina 1 3/4 HIF6
carbs.

Stick with your twin carbs and well designed exhaust manifold.

Kelvin.