No More British Car Magazine?!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: No More British Car Magazine?!
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:44:05 -0800 (PST)
Gary Anderson, say it ain't so!!

Just saw on Skye Poier's BBS that Grassroots Motorsports has purchased
British Car.... Sounds like the format will be completely changed, less
focus on British cars.

Reprinted without permission from Skye's BBS (Skye, hope there is no
copyright!)

At 9:37 am yesterday morning, Motorsport Marketing, publishers of
Grassroots Motorsports, purchased British Car magazine. British Car
magazine, which recently published its 100th issue, will relaunch as
Classic Autosport magazine this summer. While the magazine will still
cater to the British Car enthusiast, other classic makes and models will
be added to the mix.

Classic Autosport will be all color, perfect-bound and will start with at
least 100 pages. Tim Suddard will be the publisher, and British Car
magazine editor Gary Anderson has agreed to be editor of the new
publication.

The April/May issue of British Car will be the last one to carry the old
name and logo. British Car readers will see no interuption of service, as
they will be the first to receive this new and expanded publication.

This marriage will provide to British Car readers more tech features, the
project cars Grassroots Motorsports has become famous for, car show and
vintage race event coverage while still maintaining the flavor that
British Car readers have come to expect. Grassroots Motorsport will remain
exactly the same, except for slightly less coverage of cars from the
Fifties. The first project cars planned for the new publication include an
MG Midget and Porsche 911 that will be restored for the street and vintage
race MGA and Triumph TR3 project cars.

While there will be some fundamental differences between the two
publications, this will effectively give Grassroots Motorsports readers
another bi-monthly fix. You can order a subscription to this new
publication on our web store www.grassrootsmotorsports.com at the special
introductory rate of $19.95 for Grassroots Motorsports readers.

More information will be posted as we get things finalized. We will post
an editorial calendar shortly and the first issue of this new publication
will be on sale the first of June.

Tim Suddard
Publishers of Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Autosport
(End of quote)

This is certainly a shame. I liked British Car and it's format and thought
it was only getting better. I've read GRM but it's not really my cup of
tea.

For an interesting exhange with Tim and other members of the 'Classic
Autosport' staff, go to http://www.themgbexperience.com and go to the BBS.
Thread is entitled 'Britsh Car Mag'.

=====
Dan