Re: Strange Striper Advise... Is this for real?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Strange Striper Advise... Is this for real?
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 08:46:57 -0500
Caustic is not hard on drains per se (heard of Drano?).  In industry the
concern is the aggregate pH of effluent.  We can keep a simple holding tank
and combine low and high pH waste, and release it all together for a roughly
neutral pH of the drained material.  On a small scale, if you simple flush
with copious amounts of water, you will reduce the pH to a reasonable level.
Just run the water along with the flow of caustic material as you go to.  By
the way, when it comes to neutralizing a caustic burn on your body, don't do
it with a low pH liquid - it makes the burn worse.  Again, just use copious
amounts of water.  I saw folks learn this the hard way.  I'm just full of
fun, ain't I now!?