taps and dies and Whitworth wrenches

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: taps and dies and Whitworth wrenches
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:32:54 -0600
Thanks to all who replied to the above seperate posts. It seems the general
consensus is that for working on the carbs you can get by with metric
wrenches/sockets instead of the Whitworth ones. As far as tap and die sets,
most said an SAE fine set from 1/8-1/2 inch will do most everything you need
on MGs. I think I'll go with Craftsman, although several people mentioned
having good luck with True Value (we don't have one in the area).

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG
          74 1/2 Rust, parts car