Re: On-going SU HIF rebuild problems

To: "Marc Siegel" <smarc@abs.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: On-going SU HIF rebuild problems
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:11:29 -0000
Just about to do this on mine, the kit contains an O-ring which looks like
it is for the valve.

As an aside this suddenly started happening while away from home.  Some
years previously I had found that disconnecting the fuel pump ( just fitted
an in-line fuse in the engine compartment so a moments work) and running the
carbs dry would clear the valve, for a while at least, but not this time.
So I left the pump fuse and put a short jumper from the pump wire to the
lighting fuses.  Drove home and each time it started to splutter and die
turned on the lights for a few seconds, each time lasted about 1/4 mile even
though a V8.