Re: OFF TOPIC - PHOTO SIZING

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC - PHOTO SIZING
From: "Den's E-mail" <dbuster@integraonline.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:02:06 -0600
>  How do you
> chaps get your pictures down to transmittable sizes??  What I mean what
> program do you use?

Barrie--
Use Photoshop (very expensive) or Photoshop Elements (about $50) or pretty
much any decent image-editing program. Couple of things you can do to cut
the file size. The first, and most important, is to save it in a resolution
no higher than 72 dots (or pixels) per inch. Even if you save a photo at a
million dots per inch, it won't display at any higher than 72 anyway. That's
the biggest thing. Second, make sure you're saving it in a format that
compresses the file to its smallest possible size, usually as a JPG (or
JPEG -- same thing) file format. GIF likely will work OK, too, but has a few
drawbacks for photos that we won't go into. Stay away from BMP or PSP
formats. They'll save your pic as an enormous file if you give 'em half a
chance. Hope that helps.
Dennis