DIY wide band O2 testers

To: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: DIY wide band O2 testers
From: "Stuart MacMillan" <macmillan@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:45:47 -0800
Very timely info, I've just started to look at this.  Did you build the kit
or buy the completed unit?  If you built the kit, was it worth the time and
trouble over buying the complete unit?  I was a kit builder way back in the
days of Heathkit, and know how to solder!

Stuart MacMillan

Paul wrote:

If you need an O2 gauge to tune with...(like I did for my Weber dcoe and FI
projects... you'll need a full 'wide band' O2 gauge.  These are true F/A
reading setups and range from 10-25 A/F (25=free air)

Most 'professional' or 'off-the-shelf' WBO2 meters will run you
$700-$1800  Ouch!
BUT... you can do as I did... build your own..or buy the unit pre-built.
Check out http://www.techedge.com.au/ (the unit I bought and use) as well as
http://www.diy-wb.com/  where it all started.