RE: HIFun and Tuning goals.

To: "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: HIFun and Tuning goals.
From: "Neil Cotty" <ncotty@globalfreightsolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 00:58:36 -0000
Hi Larry,

>I have tried emailing Hans. He's really busy this time of year and
>sometimes doesn't reply to his mail for quite a while.

Yes you're right, must be all that work on the Supercharged MGC.. ;) <G>

>As to the jet position, it isn't just for idle, it affects mixture
>across the whole range, as the needle moves in relation to it.

Hmm well it is only for a _base setting shall we say. The needle handles the
metering, the jet is a fixed size and it's position is fixed as a "starting
position" only. It is the needle, it's taper and it's position (height)
relative to the jet that determines the fueling.

>than does a normally aspirated motor, and therefore the smaller ports
>are required in the damper piston to slow things down.

Very interesting stuff. Another contact for you would be Bill Bressington at
SU Midel. Going by memory bill@sumidel.com - he may be able to give you more
info on the Supercharger + SU and suggest some needles. AFAIK SU Midel is a
major supplier to JC. Great bunch of people.

>Also, Neil, please tell me about this injection setup.

I don't know a lot about it myself yet. Except to say it's six ports, custom
manifold, I think water injection and a fully programmable ECU like a
Haltech etc. It's still in the design phase in Hans' workshop but it doesn't
half look beautiful already! :) You have to wipe the drool off the floor
every time Hans sends me new piccies!

PS - dead jealous you have a S/C'd B already, itching to get my C finished
but it will be some considerable time before that is ready. It's also
getting a full Sebring conversion and restoration to go with the S/C &
Injection.

Cheers,
Neil