Re: Headlight switch wiring harness

To: "Waringa, Ken" <kwaringa@edo-services.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight switch wiring harness
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:28:59 -0600
Ken:

<<<Snip>>>
Of course he (my son) threw away the old headlight switch, with the
connector still attached.  I bought a new switch and went to install it
<<<snip>>>
My brother's sons went through three different cars in three years.
'Dad', and sometimes uncle, was always having to do the work on those
cars: new U-joints, valve job, thermostat, some oil changes, etc.
Finally 'Dad' just said enough.  The kid picked up the last car and
drove it 100 miles back to school when it 'quit' after 'Dad' had used it
part of the winter.  The 'kid' walked away from the car and has been
afoot for the last 2 years.

My brother, 'Dad', and I learned to do it all by ourselves.  We lost our
father while both of us were in high school.  IMO, let the 'kid' figure
it out for himself and suffer the consequences of his own actions.  If
he doesn't have enough interest besides pouring in gas and oil, then
perhaps he, or she, should be afoot.

Blake