Re: Steering and Front Bearings

Subject: Re: Steering and Front Bearings
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:00:28 -0000
Turning the steering rod wrt to both track-rod and and rack is the normal
way to adjust the tracking.

With a wheel and tyre on the hub and the pads not rubbing the caliper it
*should* spin, but not the hub on its own.  More than that you should be
able to detect very slight play in the bearings by rocking the wheel, but
this should not be confused with wear that might be present anywhere in the
swivel hub assembly.