Brake lines

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake lines
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 23:55:53 -0500
Gents,  I just put a new MC into my '71B and both front and rear circuits
are leaking.  I can't tell if it is from the copper washers or from the
lines into the MC.

(1)  Is it reasonable to assume that after a few (~6) installations of the
lines into the MC that the flares on the ends would be deformed and no
longer sealing?

The fluid seeps out over the course of about 3 days.  It is not coming out
the boot in front.  It could be coming out the copper washers but they are
new.

(2)  How tight does one torque the banjo bolt at the rear of the MC?

The lines are many many years old, they could be the originals but I don't
know.  I do know that I have removed the MCs about 4 times in the 7 years I
have been driving the car.

Thanks for the help, if I can clear this up I'll be driving again.

James Nazarian
71 B tourer
71 BGT V8
85 Dodge Ram