RE: MG/Lola Pictures

To: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MG/Lola Pictures
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 04:28:43 -0600
At 08:50 PM 3/7/03 -0700, Larry Hoy wrote:
>Steve Knight, the one time owner and driver of the MG/Lola .... has
>retired from racing .... The car was sold after the Steve's last season.

No Kidding? !!!  That's news to me.  While digging up pictures for Patton,
I just spent half the might browsing and brushing up on the history of MG
Lola EX257 cars, and had accounted for chassis numbers 1 through 7 (and
possibly 8).

Knighthawk Racing #1
Intersports Racing #2
MG Racing #3 & #4
Rand Racing #5 (and maybe #8)
Dyson Racing #6 & #7

So who bought the Knighthawk car?

>I suspect that the image sent to the list is the new color scheme.

The blue and white #20 is one of the Dyson cars.
The black #11 is Kniighthawk at Sebring 2002.

>For all those that live in the Denver area, Steve has indicated he would
>like to come an talk to the MG Car Club about his racing experiences. The
>date has not been chosen but ....

Wow!  I might consider a trip (road trip of course) from Chicago to Denver
for that one.  Lemmeno when.

Has anyone seen an entry list for next week's Sebring race?  I haven't been
able to find it yet.  But there was a note that the Dyson team had the very
first entry with their two (new) MG Lola cars.  I would expect Intersports
to be there with chassis #2, but have no idea about Rand.  Any chance the
#1 chassis will show up with the new owner?  There are also notes about the
Bently entry, and some testing going on at Sebring.

Anyone going to Sebring?

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com