Re: vent window hinge

To: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>,
Subject: Re: vent window hinge
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:30:54 -0500
The glass is easy to get out of the frame once out of the car, it can just
be pulled out with a little force.  Wiggle it top to bottom and it ought to
start coming loose.  The stuff that makes up the seal is some kind of
weatherstrip that is an unholy mixture of tar paper and rubber, and is
available at any glass installer.  Just take a scrap of what you remove to
them and they will recognize it.  When I did mine the thickest that they had
was just a tad too thin.  It is about 2 inches wide, and all you have to do
is put it on the edge of the glass and push the glass into the frame then
trim with a knife.  Either get a bit of thick and a bit of thin, or when I
realized I needed a bit more thickness, I just cut a couple of strips and
shimmed about 4 places along the frame and it held and sealed fine.

James Nazarian
71 B tourer
71 BGT V8
85 Dodge Ram