Re:tappet removal 74mgb

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:tappet removal 74mgb
From: Wetmgs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:43:59 EST
  Hi all again, I found my 5 in. vice grips, clamped on and twisted back and
forth til came out. I had to pull hard and it did not twist easy. I couldnt
feel any buildup at the top of the bore in the block but trying another
tappet, it wouldnt drop in so I will let the machine shop clean up the bore.
The offending tappet is pitted at the bottom but is not chipped around the
bottom edge, it does have an unusual indentation on the bottom surface
indicating the tappet was not turning in the bore. I will be interested to
see the condition of the cam lobe.

       Thanks for the help, Chris,Barney, and Chuck.
          Til the next question that will surly arise,
             Marc Derenzy