Parts Advice Needed

To: "MG List Postings" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts Advice Needed
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:31:44 -0500
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to prep my B-GT for the coming autocross season, so I am going to
have a never ending stream of queries and requests for parts advice.

The car is ready to go for the most part, but in looking to always improve I
have a few needs:

1.  5 Point Harness installation - are there any tips from those who have
installed one in a B?  In particular, how have folks handled the middle
front mounting point?

2.   High Performance Front Suspension Bush Sets - Are the ones from Moss
(prothane) as good as the ones from MGOC?  I'd rather just order from Moss
if one set is as good as the other.

3.  Heavy Duty Clutch - what are the options?  The Borg-Beck from Moss looks
like the frontrunner right now.

4. High Performance Brake Pads - The system needs to be optimal without
warming up (autocross).  Any suggestions?  Also, if grippier pads are used
up front, does the rear balance get thrown off - and is there a fix?

Thanks in advance,

Dean
(early) '74 B-GT