Re: Beasts of Burden

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Beasts of Burden
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:02:23 EST
In a message dated 3/14/03 1:46:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> My '73 BGT has been my year round daily driver
> for over four years now!
>
> I've never carried sheets of plywood, but a full size
> 2 ton 'collapsible cherry picker DOES fit in the back
> with the hatch closed and locked no less! (yes the passenger
> seat is WAY forward to have it fit.)

Great!
My Interceptor gets regular use as go-getter for garden stuff - you can fit 2
passengers and 8 decent size Rhododendrons in, and if you are going short
distances with the hatch up, can take lawnmowers etc.
Far superior to the Lambo, which has a trunk capable of holding maybe one bag
of fertiliser. though you can get a 4 wheeled dolly in behind the front seats
(for moving trees).

I haven't used my MGAs for chores lately, but a few years ago I was at a car
show where there was also a garden show selling plants. I went home with
myself, SWMBO, and about a dozen 1 gallon pots of plants - the Mk 2 coupe is
much better for this with the tonneau panel that gives you more room behind
the seats.

Of course I once moved a complete Twincam engine in my TR-3 by having it
dropped in where the passenger seat had been (it was now in the trunk).
Getting it out was a lot more fun at the other end, but hey, I was young and
optimistic and KNEW there had to be some way to get it out again. Got some
strange looks on the way home - explained to a couple of twits in a Sunbeam
Alpine at a stoplight that this was the rare double overhead cam 'Sidewinder'
model of TR-3. I think they believed me.

Bill