Re: Westbury, LI MGs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Westbury, LI MGs
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:51:57 -0500
No they are not mine BUT I did transport most of them to that location. The
red 64 came from Cape Cod , MA, the red 66 and green 67 I brought in from
Cleveland. Did the two from Cleveland in one trip with a U-haul
trailer............won't put in print how............ but the tow vehicle
was a 17' U-haul truck.

There are two British Car Restoration businesses in the blue building on the
west side of that lot. One is Malcolm Gennings, who I would never allow to
touch another one of my cars and the other is Knut Holzer's British Motor
Corp who does really nice work. Knut is NAMGBR's "MGB Driver"s newest
advertiser. You can see his first ad in the next issue (March / April) of
MGB Driver.  It is located at 409 Railroad Ave. Westbury, NY.

Most of the cars in the lot are Knut's. The Blue 74 with the hard top is
Malcolm's customer's who has paid for a restoration to
begin................I think that was two years ago........it it hasn't
moved from the spot it sits in.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch

> Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Near the Long Island Rail Road's Westbury station there's a car storage
> lot with about five MGBs. Some of them look pretty good. Belong to
> anyone on the list? Just wondering since I see it twice a day.
>

> If they are not Dave Duetsch's then he at least knows who they belong to.
And, I am sure he has tried to buy them at least twice. :-)