Re: FW: [VN] Pep boys

To: ptegler@cablespeed.com, idcb@airborne.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: [VN] Pep boys
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:34:55 EST
In a message dated 3/19/03 12:13:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ptegler@cablespeed.com writes:

> Well to the best of my knowledge....
> the local Pep Boys in the Baltimore MD
> area have been around since I was a little kid
> (+40 years ago?)  I use to buy my peddle
> bicycle wheel inner tubes, reflectors, etc from them.
> I always remember one store in particular, thinking
> to myself how old the store seemed to be inside.

- - - - - - - - - -

Wow!  I have the same, exact memories!  The old store was in Abington, PA.
They carried everything.  When I moved from bicycles to cars, they still had
everything.

Now they have become a place to buy oil and cleaning supplies.  They don't
carry much that a home mechanic needs for repairs, even though the store is
about 8 times larger than the old location.  They don't even carry brake pads
for my '92 Mitsubishi in stock.

After reading that article, I'll stick to NAPA.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)