Re: Fuel Pump Noise

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>, <tomwagner@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Noise
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:20:37 -0000
And it shouldn't click more than once every 30 secs with the ignition on but
the engine stopped.  If it does either the carb float valves or the pump
non-return valves are leaking - the carb problem is much more serious than
the latter because of leakage.  The pump pumps more frequently at highway
speeds, you just can't hear it because of all the other noise!