Junkyard MG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Junkyard MG
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:25:41 EST
A buddy of mine with a used car lot swung by a junkyard in Linden, NJ today
to pick up some parts for a car he just got in.  There in one of the lanes,
just dropped off, was a 65 B roadster.  Knowing I have a 69 B rolling
restoration going on, he calls me on his cell phone to see if I need
anything.  While the fenders were a bit tatty, the car was complete.

I asked about the bonnet, and it turns out to be a perfect condition aluminum
bonnet.  Then he asked if I needed a hardtop!  WHAT?!? YES!!  He said there
were a bunch of loose bits in the trunk, and he'd just grab them.

The guy charged him $50 for the bonnet anf hard top, and said just take the
parts.  What were the parts you ask...... all NOS Lucas -- fuse box. lenses,
light rims, condensers, points, rotors, distributors, filters, air cleaners,
etc., etc.

Tomorrow he grabs the bumpers and grill, which are in great shape.

Still has excellent wire wheels, tires, interior.

Hmmmm, wonder what the wife would say............

Steve in NJ