Re: Parts Washer Fluid

To: MG listserv <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Washer Fluid
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:03:08 -0600
On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 04:38  PM, Robert Guinness wrote:

> What is the best parts washer fluid to use?  Most effective?  Most
> economical?  Most environmentally fiendly? Has anyone tried Solutions
> 2000?  Thanks

I just bought a bucket of some stuff that basically said "Parts Cleaner
Solution" on the label.  I got it at "Atwoods", a local farm and ranch
supply store.  Price was $24.00 for a five gallon bucket.  I wasn't
paying attention and my washer requires at least 10 gallons for the
pump to work, so I'm having to fork out another 25 bucks.  I'm tempted
to "cut" what I have with diesel.  I probably bought a five-gallon
bucket of over-priced diesel anyway!

Someone warned me that the solution would cost as much as the washer.

Kevin