Re: Spanish to English translation - Thanks - enough already.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spanish to English translation - Thanks - enough already.
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:24:14 -0600
At 12:00 PM 3/25/03 -0600, Barney Gaylord wrote:
>.... Spanish to English translation ....
>      http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/ssvreg.htm

Thanks to everyone responding.  In short form all it says is "connect the
wires securely as shown, and polarize the generator if necesssary".  I was
hoping it also said something more, but it doesn't.

This leaves me a little perplexed, as this otherwise nifty solid state
regulator for generator has the exposed outer metal shell electrically
connected to the output of the generator.  If it should ever accidentally
get shorted to chassis ground, it is the equal of grounding the output of
the generator.  That is a definite no-no, and I don't know why Bosh does
not have some sort of caution note with the wiring instructions.  I will
now attempt to contact the manufacturer (or an agent thereof) to ask for
clarification, and I will let you all know later what I find out.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru/com