springrates, checking my SCWAG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: springrates, checking my SCWAG
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:47:58 -0800
It seems that I've got 550 lb/in springs up front. I measured them to
533, but apparantly the part number says 550.  Likewise by sitting in
the back and measuring the difference in height (3/4") that also works
out to a measured 533 lb/in. I'll do a SCWAG that I want to bump the
front springs up to 700 lb/in.

For the folks who have played with springrates in their cars, does
this seem like a reasonable value for a dual purpose track/street car?
If you've bumped your springs up past 600#/" what rate did you get,
and what are your experiences?

   Larry

--
         Dancing is life. Everything else is just a set break.