Was: How To Take Along A One-Year Old... Now: Driving Safer

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>, Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Was: How To Take Along A One-Year Old... Now: Driving Safer
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 06:09:30 -0800 (PST)
I agree, but I also think the times were different 'back in the day'... No
massive SUV's or pick-ups on the road, no distractions such as cell
phones, in-dash navigation systems or PDA's, and I think less traffic in
general. People probably paid more attention to their driving because cars
weren't as automatic as they are today. I think the onset of an electronic
safety device for every possible type of potential road hazard also leads
to a less alert driver, as we figure, 'Hey, my car sends power from the
wheels that slip to the wheels that grip, so I don't need to be looking
ahead for black ice!'...

Of course, a group of kids romping around the interior of a car would
certainly be a distraction...

Dan

http://platinum.yahoo.com