'65 MGB project car for sale

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '65 MGB project car for sale
From: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:56:26 -0500
Last fall I acquired a '65 MGB project car.  I have a Bugeye that I want to
get finished and don't really have the space, time, or funds to deal with
the MGB right now.  So I've decided (about a half hour ago) to see if I can
find a buyer.

The restoration was started about 3 owners back with a complete disassembly.
The car has had new floors installed and has a new steel hood.  The front
suspension has been completely rebuilt with all new parts including springs
and new cross drilled brake rotors.  Somewhere between me and the guy that
started the project some parts have been lost, misplaced or discarded -
maybe the plan was to replace them with new.  The seats, front bumper,
grill, and head and tail lights are not included.  Most of the shiny trim
bits have been removed and not replaced yet.  The drivetrain is complete -
the engine has been disassembled.  There is rust on the inner sills under
the front fenders.  One of the DPO's did a fiberglass type repair, but I
don't think the sills need to be completely replaced.  The trunk floor is
sound.  The car has a tonneau and bars, but no top or frame.

I don't have any photos of the car in it's current condition, but I have a
digital camera and can take some shots tomorrow.  The car is currently
located in Frankenmuth, MI and I will have a clear Michigan title in a
couple of weeks.  I've got about $800 invested - will take $500.  Anyone
interested?

Rick