Re: MGB Rear Brake Sticking?

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Rear Brake Sticking?
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:26:19 -0600
> Has anyone seen this happen? I think one of my rear brakes is sticking.
When I
> stop, then start again, I hear a clunk sound from the rear. When I stop on
an
> incline, the car isn't rolling backwards. But it will roll freely again
after
> the clunk noise. This sticking/clunk only happens when coming to a
complete
> stop with the brake. If I coast to a stop, no sticking/clunk. If I don't
come
> to a complete stop, no sticking/clunk. I'd like to be prepared with the
proper
> parts before I pull the drum.

Bob, just to clarify....when you stop on an incline, and you say it will
roll freely again after the clunk, what are you doing?  Is your foot off the
brake when it's not rolling?  On the brake when it is?

If the car is holding even without your foot on the brake, it certainly
sounds like it could be a brake hose acting as a check valve.

If you don't have any odd braking action, check all the rear suspension
components for security.