Re: Battery box "Twist-o Loco's"

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re: Battery box "Twist-o Loco's"
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:59:30 -0500
Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:
> How-dee...
> Yep It's the mental midget who has an MGB...so I guess that makes me an MGB
> Midget, ehh? But why I've brought this here soap-box to stand on and say my
> piece is..."What the hey do you advise that I do to make gaining access to my
> battery box on my 1978 MGB not such a pain in the abs? Somebody (DPO?)
> somewhere must have had a real tough time twisting the lock pins loose 'cause
> the slotted heads are now mostly smoothed off from the screw driver slipping
> and scrapping off layer after layer of the head. So what I've done is tigged
> a wind knob sort of affair on to all 4 pins that are hinged to flop down when
> I'm not trying to get to the battery. Does that make any sense to anyone. If
> you'd like I could draw one or better yet take a photo of a couple of them
> (1) Open (2.) then closed..
> Albert Escalante, owner-1978 MGB
> Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)

I think this was talked about a few months ago. I have the same problem.

One solution was to replace the old Dzus fasteners with new ones that
have the little handles.

Now, if we knew the size, and where to get them... :-)

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S    PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155