Carmine Red vs. other reds

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carmine Red vs. other reds
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone have a good, clear, clean photograph of an
MG painted in Carmine Red they could email me?
Something you think properly represents what the color
actually looks like in real life (as much as that is
possible from a jpeg...)

I'm trying to get a feel for what this color is like,
relative to, say, Tartan Red or Flame Red.  Is it sort
of a deeper red, like the original Ferrari "Rosso
Corsa" from the 1950's and 1960's?  Or is it pretty
bright, like the Ferrari red of the 1970's and 1980's?

The images I can find online seem to be all over the
place.  Some of them seem quite bright and vibrant,
others seem much deeper, almost getting close to
burgundy...

Thanks in advance,
Paul

http://tax.yahoo.com