Re: mixture and octane

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@attbi.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mixture and octane
From: "Hugh Wolfe" <hugh_wolfe@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:11:47 -0700
James you are correct.  The higher the octane content the slower the fuel
burn (spread of the flame front across the cylinder) thus resulting in a
smoother power stroke as opposed to a sudden (relative) explosion (knock).
Just remember that we are talking micro seconds here, nothing you can
measure.  But you sure can hear that knocking when you buy the cheep stuff!

Hugh