Re: Spam stopped

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spam stopped
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 12:13:23 -0500
> So you just switch off the HTML function of your e-mail client, in which
> case it only displays the plain text part of the message (if there is
> any).  Then sometimes you get what appears to be a blank or empty message,
> but you can do "View-Source" like you can with a web page, and you can see
> the HTML code imbedded in the message.  With the HTML function switched
> off, your mail client will not process any of the HTML tags, and will not
> download any images, will not send back any response data.  I have no use
> for any HTML content in an e-mail message.  Why would you want to accept
> that crap?

Correct.  Although HTML e-mail that properly adheres to mail standards will
correctly display a plain-text version if that's what the mail client wants.
Of course certain mailers don't put their messages together correctly.....

As far as spam-blocking service from your ISP goes, be careful.  Many ISPs
implement these rather poorly and block a lot of legitimate mail.  Worse,
they frequently send very vague bounce messages back, leaving the sender
scratching their head.