Re: Unusual Oil Leak

To: "Andrew Sexton" <abcs@kc.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Unusual Oil Leak
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:03:21 -0600
Well this is one problem I have never had. But it would indicate crankcase
pressure build up. There are a few breather pipes or should be, like the
one on the engine side cover that has a hose to the carbs. Or the one on
top of the valve cover with the hose going to the charcoal canister. I'm
guessing that if those were plugged or removed that would be one cause for
a pressure build up in the engine, thus causing oil to come out of the dip
stick. Then there is the pollution control gadgets like the air pump but
I've never seen any of that stuff (living in a state that doesn't monitor
exhaust emissions). I know this problem has been mentioned on the list
before so someone else should have some real experience fixing this problem.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B