Re: Ignition Timing For Performance

To: "Christian, Skip" <ChristianWL@navair.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Ignition Timing For Performance
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:12:16 -0500
   If you engine is all original then you have the vac advance unit to
match the vacuum source it already has.  If you switched to ported
vacuum then you'd need the appropriate dizzy/vac unit.  Leave things
alone in that department.  If you didn't put a better cam in it than the
one it came with and high compression pistons then your hands are rather
tied as far as performance enhancements are concerned.  I suppose you
could mill the head for higher compression but I wouldn't, considering
that good stock heads are less and less plentiful and I feel it's better
to have some meat left in case I need to have a warp milled out later.

   IOW, 3000 miles after a rebuild is a bit late to think about power
output enhancements.

   My .02,

   CR