Re: high idle-JB Weld

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: high idle-JB Weld
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:08:30 -0500
Bob,
I did one side of each carb last night with JB Weld (I think this is
epoxy?). I used axle grease on the shaft and it came out just fine. I then
used a new 5/16" drill bit inserted through the opposite side to "ream" out
the excess epoxy which was mostly around the edge of the shaft hole on the
inside of the carb. So far it looks like it will work just fine as long as
the stuff will hold up to the gasoline and it bonds enough to not chip out.
I did the other two sides tonight and will ream the excess from inside using
the "new" shaft holes as a guide. I just now pulled the shafts back out; the
JB Weld took between 3-4 hours to set up properly.
Thanks for all the advice,
Monte