Re: Braided fuel line......

To: <MGALUVR@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Braided fuel line......
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:53:32 +0100
It's very difficult to get vapour lock in a fuel line, because once the fuel
level in the float chamber drops the float valve opens and the pump will
push any vapour through until fuel starts going into the float chamber again
to close the valve.  In other words the fuel would have to be vapourising
faster than the pump could replenish it.  However it is possible, in extreme
conditions, to get vapour lock *inside* the carb.  Look for something else -
like ignition or a dodgy fuel pump.