RE: overdrive solenoid

To: "'Dodd, Kelvin'" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: overdrive solenoid
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 20:24:50 -0500
If the switch is bad, you have my sympathies.  Getting to the switch is
not
at all easy.  Never done it, looking for info from the list.  Luckily
when
you stuff the all-synchro box into an early car, this switch is
accessible
through the tunnel cover.

good luck

Kelvin.

Just had to replace both the reverse light switch and the OD lockout
switch on a '75. I found the simplest way was to use a 1" (?) hole saw
to cut a hole in the transmission tunnel. A socket can then be inserted
to remove the bad switch and insert a new one. A rubber hole plug is
then inserted in the hole to cover and keep crud from entering.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer