Re: Piston Envy

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Piston Envy
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 10:23:36 -0500
Paul M. wrote:
> Alas, I don't think it would fit.  But imagine the
> joys of putting the top down, finding a twisty
> mountain road, and rowing through the gearbox to wind
> that bugger up into the 100 RPM "red zone" again and
> again...  True motoring bliss.

It'd be a bit nose heavy, don't you think? I guess kind
of like a 'C. :-)

> And if you ever needed to do anything unusual with
> your MGB, like perhaps tow a Navy Destroyer or tear an
> apartment complex off its foundation, what better
> powerplant could there be?
>
> Incidentally, I remember visiting a buddy of mine who
> lived in Mystic Seaport.  His dad was a marine
> mechanic, and we went down to the docks to see a tug
> boat getting some engine work done.  The heads were
> off, and I remember jumping down and standing on a
> piston while we talked about the engine...

The Merchant Marine Museum up in Duluth has a bunch of
cool old engines, with pictures of guys standing on
pistons. The have a 2 cylinder (I think) that's 3
stories tall.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S    PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155