RE: Concours

To: "'Dean T. Lake'" <dtlake@erols.com>,
Subject: RE: Concours
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:58:13 -0700
Dean:

I very much agree with you.  After re-reading my post it does seem a bit one
sided.  What my post expresses is the type of car I can currently afford to
own.  My favorite cars to see, and hopefully sometime own would be a well
used, cared for and much loved example such as Dean is depicting.  Usually
if I run a car show, I try to give an award for the car with the most
"patina".  Many times the car will have original paint which is now so thin
the primer is starting to show through under the wax.

But then again, the last car I restored now has a great patina from sitting
outside for the last 10 years.  At least that is what I will call the build
up of leaves and mud.

Kelvin.