Another market for MG / Rover

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another market for MG / Rover
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 20:45:41 +1030
Release immediate       May 15, 2003

MG ROVER GROUP RE-ENTERS THE JAPANESE MARKET

In conjunction with their partner Autotrading Luft, MG Rover Group is
pleased to announce that it will shortly re-commence sales of MG and
Rover cars in Japan.

Both MG and Rover cars previously enjoyed much success in the Japanese
market.  After much praise from the motoring press Rover 75 was voted
'Import car of the year'.  Unfortunately, due to contractual obligations
with the previous owner, MG Rover Group has until now been restricted
from selling its cars in Japan.

Autotrading Luft is based in Nagoya and will trade under MG Rover
Nippon.  Sales will start during July with a focus on Rover 75 Saloon
and Tourer, MG TF plus MG ZT and MG ZT-T.  Initially six retail outlets
will be fully operational, progressively increasing to over 20.

Commenting on the announcement, John Sanders, MG Rover Group worldwide
sales and marketing director said: "This is an important milestone for
our strategy of growth in markets outside Western Europe.  Japan is the
world's second largest car market and we have a number of loyal Japanese
customers who are keen to see the return of MG and Rover cars.  We are
pleased to have combined forces with Autotrading Luft and we feel
confident of a successful relaunch considering the prestige of the MG
and Rover marques."

--
Eric
'68 MGB MkII