Only in it for the Moola!

To: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Subject: Only in it for the Moola!
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:55:23 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/2003 3:52:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ejrussell@mebtel.net writes:

> How sad, I thought. Boys can't even play with their toys because it'll
> destroy it's "future value...." (future value ?)
Eric,
I sometimes do the same thing. For instance I've never opened my "last" issue
of British Car Magazine, I have chosen to keep it forever in it's cellophane
mailer (maybe get the Anderson's to autograph it for posterity!) I did manage
to go out and buy myself another copy of BCM issue #102 that I read cover to
cover at least 5 times so that I could further bemoan the loss of this
terrific icon of the research and enjoyment..I also know however that this
hobby (restoring  and caring for the needs of our various and assorted LBC's)
is done mostly for our own personal satisfaction, not foe r any monetary
gain. Heck, I've probably spent 10 times as much money keeping my MGB and
Jaguars than I'll ever realize in selling the darn things. Which I doubt I'll
ever do, anyway. I'll probably pass them on to my grandsons, having already
promised them each their pick of the litter, ha-ha!

-=Safety-Fast!=-

Albert Escalante, owner-1978 MGB
1957 Mk.I Jag, 1977 XJ6L, 1985 XJ-6
Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)