Re: Unintentional Off-Road Excursion

To: mmorris@nemr.net
Subject: Re: Unintentional Off-Road Excursion
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 22:52:24 -0400
Monte,
   Ask your nearby radiator shop if they are familiar with this job.  My
guy said that the core (the fin part between top tank and bottom tank)
had a fourth row of the vertical tubes, hence a four-row core, and that
the core material was something they installed on the existing tanks to
make the radiator.
   He said that it was a routine operation, described as 're-coring', in
which the tanks are un-soldered from the core, a new core cut to size,
and the tanks welded back on.
   I believe (not known fact here) that they buy the core material in
sections and cut to fit the necessary radiator dimensions, which would
seem necessary as the rebuilt rad has to fit in the same place in the
car.
Bob