Re: flasher is slow

To: MG List Postings <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: flasher is slow
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:08:34 -0500
    The power to the turn signal flasher is routed thru the hazard
warning switch.  If the switch contacts are dirty the turn signals can
be affected.  I recently replaced the hazard switch in my '69 B.  Now,
the hazard lights flash at about two-a-second on battery power but the
the turn signals are still around one every two seconds when the
alternator is putting out, no blink on battery.  New flashers made no
difference.  Ya reading this, Ed?

    I reason that since the hazard lights now work fine, the problem
isn't bad grounds at the light fixtures.  Anyway, I made sure of that
before. The problem has to be in the circuits feeding power to the turn
signal flasher.  This includes the ignition switch and turn signal
switch, and other connections in the green circuit.  BTW, there's a very
good simplified diagram of the hazard/turn circuits on the MG cars UK
website.

    Meanwhile, if AutoZone ever gets the 2-pole electronic flashers in,
I'm going to buy one and try it.

    Good luck with it,

     CR