Re: Best way to clean a fuel tank

To: rgigante@oninet.pt ("Rui Gigante"), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best way to clean a fuel tank
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:30:53 -0400
Rui,
Try to get hold of a couple of gallons of muriatic acid ( available at hardware
stores).

After you pour it in the tank seal all the ports and holes etc.

Allow the tank to rest on each side for 10 or 15 minutes after which you can
pour the acid back in the original containers using a funnel.

Some people may use a neutralizer, but I filled my tank with water, dumped it
out and then let the tank dry in the sun.
Some surface rust may form, but I coated my tank with a sealer...rolling it
around so that I covered all the surfaces.

With the MGB tanks as there is a screen at the end of the pickup tube in the
center (lowest point) of the tank. Be careful not to clog the screen with the
sealer...BTDT

Bob Stahlbush

66 MGB (GHN3L 78708)with overdrive
60 TR3A (TS81398L)6 yr resto...almost done