Re: British Car Magazine thanks

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British Car Magazine thanks
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 12:41:05 -0700
I received mine a few days ago. I was pleased with it -- it seemed like a
decent first effort. I am sure they will continue to refine the concept.

I see Rick Ingram was  written up for his marathon rally victory...
congrats.

They retained one mildly irritating trait from British Car, though -- the
type size they use for articles is the smallest I have ever seen in a
magazine, and it's tightly spaced. I know they are trying to fit as much
content as possible into a reasonable page count, but at some point I would
be taking the editorial pencil to the text, and letting the type breathe a
little. Gary, if you're reading this, take it as constructive criticism <g>.
Overall, I think Classic Motorsport is visually an upgrade from British Car,
and it retains the same regular featured writers. If you are open-minded
enough to accept a sprinkling of non-British-centric content, I think you
willl enjoy it.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149